1) First and foremost – prioritize yourself! You are worth it! Say it with me – I am worth it! If you’re like most women, you take care of others, you spend money on others, you spend time on others, and you take what’s left. That’s not fair to you. For you to be your best - for yourself and for others – you need to make time to feel your best.
Find time to plan your meals, shop for healthy foods and meal prep so when you’re hungry you have quick, healthy choices to reach for.
2) Find time to move your body. Set time aside for it every day and don’t let anything (or anyone) interfere. Putting it on your calendar and making sure everyone knows that time is not available for them, will let them (and you) know you value your health and meeting your goals.
3) Expect to do hard work. It’s not easy to change your lifestyle. Learn what and how much you should be eating. And this doesn’t mean never eating anything but lettuce. A healthy diet consists of lean meats, healthy, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. And it includes your favorite treats, some of the time. It’s a matter of learning, and adhering to, what you can eat more often and what you can eat less often.
4) Move your body and exercise every day. Some days you really get your heart rate up and some days you just move your body. Burning calories every single day will help you get fit, healthy and lose weight.
5) Strength train. Losing weight without strength training just slows your metabolism even further. When you lose weight, if you’re not strength training, some of what you’re losing is muscle. This muscle loss, which happens with age anyway, makes it even harder to burn calories.
6) Get in the right mindset. You can do this. You can do hard things. Whether you’ve tried and failed before or not, you can do it.
You have to learn to build confidence and trust with yourself by achieving small goals that you’ve set. Knowing you can do this will lead to achieving bigger goals. Trust yourself and believe in yourself.
7) Commit to yourself and to making it happen. Of course life will get in the way. It always does. But don’t let that derail you. When your health and fitness is a priority, you will find a way to achieve it.
You will feel better physically and emotionally, when you commit to you, and make changes to reach your health, fitness and weight loss goals.
I’m here to help you get there.